Re: Synaptic - problems with X

Quoting Gianmarco (2015-04-26 12:16:14)
> I was trying to use synaptic on my Debian GNU/Hurd with openbox, but
> when I launch it from the terminal emulator it doesn't start giving this
> message:
> "sudo synaptic
> Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
> ** (synaptic:2430): WARNING **: Could not open X display
> Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyUnable to init server: Could not connect:
> Abstract UNIX domain socket address not supported on this system
>
> (synaptic:2430): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0"

That is most likely due to your use of sudo, or its configuration:

"""
root@hurdbox ~ # synaptic

** (synaptic:4669): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Operating system does not support abstract socket namespace

fcntl error
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
"""

Then, the synaptic window is shown.  Package installation does work,
refreshing the package lists does not for some reason (file locking?).

Justus