Re: hostdisk

Hi :)

Quoting Johannes Koehler (2015-02-21 17:41:11)
> After installation process my device description changed
> from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb (after installing another OS
> for online purposes)
>
> Is there a possibility to tell hurd that he has
> to use sda instead of sdb? Grub is already booting
> the right device...

Not sure I understand the problem, but look into your grub
configuration, either in /boot/grub/grub.cfg or using grubs online
editor.  You'll find something like:

echo            'Loading GNU Mach ...'
multiboot       /boot/gnumach-0.1.4-486-dbg.gz root=device:sd0s1

sd0s1 is sda1 in Linux-lingo, so you might want to change that to
sd1s1 if the root partition of your Hurd installation lives on the
first partition of the second hard disk now.

Also you need to fix your /etc/fstab, but that's as on Debian/Linux.

Feel free to come by #hurd on freenode if you need more help.

Cheers,
Justus