Re: Python on Hurd: functioning sem_open implementation

Hey !

On 02/01/2015 11:59 AM, Ole Streicher wrote:
> Is this a general Hurd problem, a Python specific problem or looks this like a bug in Astropy? How could I solve this?

The ImportError raised comes from Python (see
Lib/multiprocessing/synchronize.py), which does not find a working
sem_open() implementation on Hurd. You may want to take a look at these
two bugs:

http://bugs.python.org/issue3770
https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?7050

Fixing the latter would probably solve your issue.

Cyril.