e2fsck of non-root filesystem failing at boot time, because already mounted?

Hi!

As in the subject, and see the attached QEMU screenshot.  Has something
been changed in the boot process ("startup" is new; Justus CCed ;-) just
in case) that would cause this non-root filesystem to be mounted that
early, so that e2fsck can't then process it anymore?  "Erich" has not
needed a lot of e2fscks, but if my memory serves me right, this used to
work "until recently".

    $ showtrans /media/erich
    /hurd/ext2fs --no-atime /dev/hd2
    $ grep hd2 < /etc/fstab
    /dev/hd2        /media/erich ext2 defaults 0 2

QEMU configuration:

    qemu-system-i386 \
      [...] \
      -drive cache=writeback,index=0,media=disk,file=laplace-root.img \
      -drive cache=writeback,index=1,media=disk,file=laplace-swap.img \
      -drive cache=writeback,index=2,media=disk,file=erich.img \
      [...]

Grüße,
 Thomas

PNG image