Michael Gilbert <firstname.lastname@example.org> (2014-10-02): > On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 6:34 PM, Cyril Brulebois wrote: > >> I've uploaded an nmu fixing the issues revealed by the previous nmu to > >> delayed/5. Please let me know if I should delay longer. See attached > >> patch. > > > > The udeb handling is crazy. > > Please clearly describe what is actually wrong and I'll fix it. The > upload was cancelled in the meantime. Harcoded Depends for a start. > > Also, please explain why you're still keeping the submitter and > > debian-boot@ out of the loop while messing around with udebs (#762762). > > I simply hadn't gotten around to that until just now, and d-i > shouldn't be affected by anything yet. > > Dear installer team, I would like to upload an isc-dhcp package that > use bind as a shared library (libbind-export-udeb) instead of its > internal code copy. Please let me know when it would be ok to do the > isc-dhcp upload that will least impact d-i beta preparation. AFAICT isc-dhcp is only used on non-linux archs, through that part of Depends: isc-dhcp-client-udeb [kfreebsd-any hurd-any] You definitely want to get porters involved in checking the resulting udebs, and I've therefore added them in Cc. Have you checked possible impact on the installed size? At least kfreebsd has been having regular size-related issues, so it might be worth checking this point (even if the ramfs tweaks introduced in the past few weeks should avoid further issues). As far as timing is concerned: the debian-installer upload for D-I Jessie Beta 2 looks good to me so I'll be likely lifting the udeb freeze soon. Mraw, KiBi.
Description: Digital signature