Re: Small test example for: cannot create /dev/null: Interrupted system call

Hi!

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 23:26:24 +0200, Richard Braun <rbraun@sceen.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:18:17PM +0200, Richard Braun wrote:
> > All right, it looks like open() gets interrupted by SIGCHLD here. It's
> > my understanding that signal handling is highly system-specific in such
> > cases, but we probably want to align on what others do, as usual.
>
> By the way, it looks like it happens with dash only, not bash. I suppose
> dash relies on the Linux-specific behaviour of interrupting a blocked
> open(). See if switching to bash helps.

That's also what I figured from my experimenting before coulomb crashed,
<http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3C87wqghouoc.fsf%40schwinge.name%3E>.
If I remember correctly, I have never been able to reproduce the issue
when switching /bin/sh from dash to bash.  Svante, which is your /bin/sh?

Grüße,
 Thomas