Re: shadow: FTBFS on hurd-i386 (for review)

On 2014-05-16 09:30, Svante Signell wrote:
Currently shadow fails to build from source due to a usage of PATH_MAX, which is not defined on GNU/Hurd. The attached patch solved this problem
by dynamically allocating space for the string proc_dir_name in files
src/procuidmap.c and src/procgidmap.c and freeing it when not needed any
longer.

Considering proc_dir_name is always "/proc/%u/", dynamically allocating
memory for it is pointless, since it won't be longer than few characters
(which can be easily calculated in advance). Just put a shorter value
instead of PATH_MAX (like 64), with a comment explaining it.

Also, where is 10 coming from? Usually sizeof(target)*3 should do the
trick.

Question:
This feature seems to be new:
The new{u,g]idmap sets /proc/[pid]/{u,g}id_map based on it's command
line arguments and the {u,g}ids allowed in /etc/sub{u,g}id.

I have no idea what these files represent, did you find that out?

I can see these entries on GNU/Linux. Will this work on Hurd too or
should the build/installation of them be disabled?

Also, our procfs is currently read-only, so this tool would fail at the
moment.

--
Pino Toscano