Re: Outdated leaf packages to be removed

On 2014-01-27 00:36, Michael Banck wrote:
attached is the output of a query against projectb. It shows hurd-i386
binary packages which used to build fine in the past, but which are
outdated with respect to i386 (presumably the most uptodate, maybe I
should switch to amd64) now.

The following packages are leaf packages, i.e. packages which are not
depended upon by other packages. I guess they are good to get removed.

All packages in the attached list are regressions and should be looked
at if possible.

Just few notes about some of the sources in the list:

e17

This was affected by a bug in edje, so it might be given back.

chocolate-doom
nettoe

Curiously, these are currently FTBFSing on i386, and our versions are the
same as other architectures where they built.

kdesvn

This should build with subversion >= 1.7, so it might be given back.

lightspark

This one is affected by the fact that somehow (maybe the fakeroot chmod
race) the binaries built in llvm-toolchain-3.{2,3} are not executable,
so they cannot be exec'ed as they are.

qgo

This one switched to Qt5 and its QtMultimedia module, so it has OOD
binaries on few other architectures already.

For the record, this is the query I used:

Maybe a way to avoid the (few) cases where linux/i386 is lagging behind
(due to FTBFS) could be running it against amd64 as well, and not
considering the sources not appearing in both.

--
Pino Toscano