Booting hurd using OpenRC

Hi,

As you may know, I'm working on the OpenRC packaging in Debian. As much
as I can tell, it also seem working in Hurd, however, I have the bad
feeling that it isn't really in use after installing.

Is Hurd using sysv-rc by default? Or what???

What's the way to make sure that sysvinit + openrc is really used to
bring my virtual machine up? Is there some kernel command line options
that I can use with Hurd, like boot=, just like with Linux? Why when I
do /etc/init.d/ssh start / stop, I don't have the nice color display
showing "OK" or "FAIL" ?

Could anyone from the Hurd team try OpenRC? (I know it builds and
installs without no problem already, since we spent quite some time to
work on that)

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: I'm not registered to this list, please Cc me.