Re: Imminent Debian GNU/Hurd release

Am Donnerstag, 9. Mai 2013, 18:40:22 schrieb Paweł Sadkowski:
> Hello,
>
> are you interested in some publicity for this oncoming Debian GNU/Hurd
> release now, ie. in next issue of DPN (which is scheduled for this
> Monday) and some Polish news websites I'm contributing to, or do you
> preferer to keep things quietly until actual release, so you can work on it in
> peace?
>
> If you are interested, can you please give some estimated release
> date, like probably next week, this month, or maybe it is scheduled for
> "when it's ready"?

I think giving a clear data is dangerous: Problems will likely crop up and delay the release. We are still writing the text, after all, and we cannot change it once it’s online, so we have to make sure it’s correct.

On the other hand, I think we should be able to give a rough estimate (the release week), but I’m not sure about that - we need to wait for the ones who actually do the release.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein