Re: VM exhausted?

Hi,

Richard Braun wrote:
On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 12:38:56AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Mmm, so was it hung or not?

This message can actually also be displayed when a user process has just
filled its own addressing space (without actually having any impact on
the kernel).
There is a known test in eglibc that triggers this. Unless your build
doesn't finish, you can safely ignore. What was the package you were
building ?

I was building GNUstep applications, but directly from their source code, not from a package. I would ignore this, but the machine was hung up, both the telnet sessions and the local consoles were frozen, the above message was the last I had on the console.

Thank you,
   Riccardo