Re: Hurd stacks, some more (was: RFC: ruby1.9.1 FTBFS)

At Thu, 4 Jul 2013 17:06:09 +0200,
Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> I wonder: if MAP_STACK is set, would it even be
> reasonable for mmap to ignore the supplied length, and instead use the
> one "proper" value, 0x200000?

I think that this is only acceptable if the length exceeds the
supplied length.

This would, however, creates a small problem: when calling munmap, the
length is passed.  Since the caller doesn't know that a larger area
was mapped, we would need to record these exceptions and check for
them on munmap.  That's ugly.

Neal