Re: SCSI for Hurd

Hello,

It seems this wasn't answered.

Ritesh Raj Sarraf, le Sun 27 May 2012 13:56:43 +0530, a écrit :
> I see no scsi headers present in hurd. The only package that provides it
> is hurd-dev (20120520-1).
>
> Is this usable? It seems to be shipping the development files from
> linux. It installs them under a non-standard location,
> /usr/share/libdde_linux26/build/include/linux-headers/

This is the DDE layer work, SCSI support has not been worked on in it,
for now it's just an inheritance of the DDE layer (itself from Linux),
which most probably does not work at all. It's not supposed to be used
by applications currently anyway (thus the non-standard location).

> A quick search for scsi related items on Hurd shows nothing interesting

You can look on the bug-hurd mailing list, "Interface for SCSI
transactions", Thomas Schmitt proposed to work on a generic interface, I
don't know its status.

Samuel