Re: Disc issues

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Philipp Klaus Krause <pkk@spth.de> wrote:
> I had hurd running (this time with 1G of memory in kvm), and was doing
> an apt-get install on the default console as root and an rm -rf logged
> in as a normal user via shh in the home directory, when I got some error
> messages and another hang:
>
> The rm -rf and some previous commands there:
>
> A    sdcc/support/sdbinutils/bfd/cpu-v850.c
> A    sdcc/support/sdbinutils/bfd/peXXigen.c
> A    sdcc/support/sdbinutils/bfd/sparclinux.c
> A    sdcc/support/sdbinutils/bfd/elf32-i370.c
> A    sdcc/support/sdbinutils/bfd/coff-tic30.c
> svn: Your .svn/tmp directory may be missing or corrupt; run 'svn
> cleanup' and try again
> svn: Can't open file
> 'sdcc/support/sdbinutils/.svn/tmp/text-base/COPYING3.svn-base':
> Unrecognized resolver error

> ^Cphilipp@debian:~$ df /
> df: Warning: cannot read table of mounted file systems
> Filesystem     1K-blocks    Used Available Use% Mounted on
> -                2892800 1066852   1681308  39% /
> philipp@debian:~$ svn cleanup
> svn: '.' is not a working copy directory
> philipp@debian:~$ cd svn
> -bash: cd: svn: No such file or directory
> philipp@debian:~$ svn cleanup
> svn: '.' is not a working copy directory
> philipp@debian:~$ cd sdcc
> philipp@debian:~/sdcc$ svn cleanup
> svn: In directory 'support/sdbinutils'
> svn: Error processing command 'modify-wcprop' in 'support/sdbinutils'
> svn: 'support/sdbinutils/config-ml.in' is not under version control
> philipp@debian:~/sdcc$ svn co
> svn: Try 'svn help' for more info
> svn: Not enough arguments provided
> philipp@debian:~/sdcc$ svn update
> svn: Working copy '.' locked
> svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)
> philipp@debian:~/sdcc$ svn cleanup
> svn: In directory 'support/sdbinutils'
> svn: Error processing command 'modify-wcprop' in 'support/sdbinutils'
> svn: 'support/sdbinutils/config-ml.in' is not under version control
These look like messages from apt-get.
>From what i have understood, you had used the qemu image. I would
highly recommend you install from installation CD found at
http://people.debian.org/~sthibault/hurd-i386/installer/cdimage/

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> Philipp Klaus Krause, le Thu 26 Apr 2012 12:45:21 +0200, a écrit :
>>                                                23ext2fs:
>> /home/youpi/hurd/./libdiskfs/dir-clear.c:52: diskfs_clear_directory: A
>>
>>                                                ssertion `err != ((0x10
>> << 26) | ((2) & 0x3fff))' failed.
>
> Hum, never seen that one, it really looks like previous filesystem
> corruption (a directory is always supposed to have a ".." entry) Is it
> the same disk image as you ran with little memory?  Maybe the hung
> ext2fs hadn't written ".." and e2fsck didn't repair that?

I see similar messages IIRC when i try shutting down hurd once/twice.
I have ignored them repeatedly and still have a bootable hurd instance
that works
fairly reliably :).