Re: I want to become a Debian maintainer!

Can you please calm down?

It's becoming more and more a pain to try to keep you cool.

Svante Signell, le Sat 21 Apr 2012 00:31:54 +0200, a écrit :
> In order to contribute more than being a porter (and patch submitter),
> I'm wondering how much effort/support is needed to become a DM, i.e.
> being able to upload packages myself, etc.

Being a DM won't help much, you'll only be able to upload some specific
packages.  Patches is what we need anyway, DM won't make things faster,
code does.  The upload part is not the main part, cf the ada fixes, once
you had a patch, it didn't take me much time to check & commit them.

> I'll state my future projection now: In a few years GNU/Hurd will not be
> considered something the cat has dragged into the house!! It will be a
> first class citizen.

You are dreaming.  I doubt it'll be a first class citizen yet in only a
few years.

> And Debian has the chance of making history here by
> accepting a new architecture for Squeeze, not only a new CPU for
> GNU/Linux (except kFreeBSD)!

History can happen later too.  It'd be really good to make it for
Squeeze.  If we don't, then that's still not mayhem.

Really. Please. Calm. Down.

Samuel