Re: webkit-1.8.0-2: Patches for review

On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 09:54:55 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> Now that I saw webkit's code, I'm a bit dubious about the code in
> Source/JavaScriptCore/wtf/gobject/GlibUtilities.cpp; it basically does
> something like this (simplified for convenience of email):
>
> | #if OS(LINUX)
> | CString getCurrentExecutablePath()
> | { /* read path from /proc/self/exe */ }
> | #elif OS(UNIX)
> | CString getCurrentExecutablePath()
> | { /* read path from /proc/curproc/file */ }
> | #elif OS(WINDOWS)
> | CString getCurrentExecutablePath()
> | { /* read path using Windows API */ }
> | #endif
>
> Your patch would make use of /proc/curproc/file, which would seem to be
> part of the FreeBSD procfs[1]; our procfs is more oriented to emulate
> Linux's one, so IMHO we should either use the Linux code, or add an
> empty getCurrentExecutablePath() like this:

As Svante has pointed out later on, GNU/Hurd does not have
/proc/self/exe nor even /proc/<PID>/exe support, but similar information
can be retrieved with from libps, see start-stop-daemon for
inspiration:

  <http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=dpkg/dpkg.git;a=blob;f=utils/start-stop-daemon.c;h=397967515a4846a2ab775c6e393acb90e6e502f4;hb=HEAD#l1018>

thanks,
guillem