Re: webkit-1.8.0-2: Patches for review

Svante Signell, le Mon 16 Apr 2012 17:38:03 +0200, a écrit :
> Managed to build webkit with 2G of RAM, and 2.6G of swap. Total disk
> size around 10G. The files libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0.13.1 and
> libwebkitgtk-3.0.so.0.13.1 are around 1G each! (unstripped) Couldn't
> these libraries be made smaller (modularized??)

That's the "greatness" of the web at work :/
More seriously, see #664810.

> -    static char readLinkBuffer[PATH_MAX];

Don't we already build with PATH_MAX just set to 1024?

> Problem with the patch is that the allocated string cannot easily be
> freed:

You mean the string allocated in getCurrentExecutablePath()?  It's fine
to keep it allocated all the time. Just make sure to store the pointer
in a static variable, to be able to reuse the buffer next time the
function is called.

Samuel