Re: Is the debian-doc kfreeBSD-ready?

On 11/04/12 07:34, Robert Millan wrote:
> El 11 d’abril de 2012 5:24, David Prévot <taffit@debian.org> ha escrit:
> | Debian is a free operating system (OS) for your computer. An operating
> | system is the set of basic programs and utilities that make your
> | computer run. Debian uses the Linux or FreeBSD kernel (the core of an
> | operating system), but most of the basic OS tools come from the GNU
> | project; hence the name Debian GNU/Linux or Debian GNU/kFreeBSD.
>
> This is saying that FreeBSD is a kernel, and that Debian uses it...

What about:

"Debian can use either the Linux kernel or kFreeBSD at its core, but
most of the basic OS tools come from the GNU project;  hence the names
Debian GNU/Linux or Debian GNU/kFreeBSD."

Since kFreeBSD is the the kernel's name.  And it is also redundant to
speak of "a kFreeBSD kernel".  But when speaking of Linux it's
unfortunately necessary to be specific when referring only to the kernel.

And I used the word 'can' to try to leave open the idea that other
kernels for Debian could exist (like Hurd) even if only the release
architectures are named here.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain