downtimed and start-stop-daemon.

Dear all,

I have observed that my package "downtimed" was not running
properly on GNU/Hurd, since the upstream detection was not
properly implemented.

Amending this in [1], I now find that "invoke-rc.d" is not
handling the daemonisation properly: a restart will leave
the old daemon running, but still start a new instance.
Is there some knowledge I should acquire on this matter?
It should not be an artifact from Qemu virtualisation.

Best regards,
  Mats Erik Andersson, DM

P.S. Last week I mended netkit-ftp and linux-ftpd to run
also on GNU/Hurd, so you are invided to comment on their
functionality.

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/collab-maint/deb-maint/downtimed/trunk/