Re: datefudge?

Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Simon Josefsson, le Sun 01 Apr 2012 22:24:09 +0200, a écrit :
>> I suspect the reason is that 'datefudge' doesn't do what it should.
>> Could someone try this on a Debian GNU/Hurd box to test my theory:
>>
>> jas@latte:~/datefudge-1.14$ datefudge "2006-09-23" date -u +%s
>> 1158962400
>> jas@latte:~/datefudge-1.14$
>
> On the DD-accessible porting box:
>
> $ datefudge "2006-09-23" date -u +%s
> 1158962400

Weird, then I need to debug the build failure further...  the script
that prints the error in the build log essentially only does:

TZ=UTC
export TZ

TSTAMP=`datefudge "2006-09-23" date -u +%s`
if test "$TSTAMP" != "1158969600"; then
    echo "Could not fake timestamps with datefudge."

The error message is visible in the build log.

Maybe the TZ variable influence things?

> So it seems to be working. If you are a DD, you can simply log to there
> (exodar.debian.net). If not, tell us your alioth account name so we copy
> your ssh key.

That would be great, and would simplify future debugging too.  My alioth
account is 'jas-guest'.

Thanks,
/Simon