Re: Keyboard wrong keys

Justus Winter, le Wed 08 Feb 2012 11:10:38 -0000, a écrit :
> Quoting Fabio Colella (2012-02-07 19:57:54)
> >Thank you very much, I'll do my possible. It's very hard to use an Italian
> >keyboard as if it was American.
>
> If you're using qemu to run your Hurd installation, you might want to
> add '-k en-us' to the qemu options to indicate that your guest uses
> the american layout.

Actually that's not exactly it: it specifies which layout should be used
to convert from keycodes to scancodes.

> qemu will then do the translation from your native layout to the one
> used by the guest.

With some glitches, however.

Passing "-k en-us" to qemu will make it assume that the layout of the
host keyboard is US. In some cases, it works by chance, in other cases,
it doesn't work.

- If I press the "a" key on my french keyboard (which is where "q" is
on a qwerty keyboard), qemu gets an "a", and since it assumes that it's
a US layout, it converts it to the scancode of key "a" on a qwerty
keyboard, transmitted to the guest, which thus emits "a". All good.

- Now, if I press "!" on my french keyboard (which is where "/" is on a
qwerty keyboard), qemu gets an "!", and since it assumes that it's a US
layout, it convers it to the scancode of key "1" on a qwerty keyboard,
since that's where the "!" is there. It's transmitted to the guest,
which thus emits "1". Bummer.

Samuel