Re: gpart FTBFS

Hello,

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 3:05 AM, Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-01-28 at 01:57:21 +0530, harish badrinath wrote:
>> gpart does not build on hurd right ??
>> According to http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=636814,
>> the proposed patch boils down to
>> <snip>
>> -ifeq ($(shell uname),Linux)
>> +ifneq ($(findstring $(shell uname),Linux GNU GNU/kFreeBSD),)
>> LIBS=-ldl
>> </snip>
>> in the make file ??
>> After applying the patch, the build is failing because gm_ntfs.h
>> cannot find asm/byteorder.h.
>
> The proposed patch also fixes the endian issues as stated on the bug
> report.

I am really sorry if this response comes off as high handed, that is
not my intention.
The  patch attached by Samuel Thibault is a diff of a diff.
The unmodified file is a file named debian/patches/01-conglomeration.patch.

I have worked on essentially breaking down the 01-conglomeration patch
into manageable chunks.

The only difference i see between the patch attached and the actual
patch 01-conglomeration.patch is given in my previous mail.

After applying the diff detailed in my previous mail, gpart does not
build because, a file in the source named gm_ntfs.h cannot find
asm/byteorder.h (I could not find it too, that may be because i have a
lot to learn).

>> Should i make the package linux-any only and close #636814 ??
>
> I don't see why?

So, further assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,
Harish