Re: Hurd startup

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 8:42 AM, jairo.fazgrande@gmail.com
<jairo.fazgrande@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Victor
>
> So there is no graphical interface to the Hurd?
> Installed for testing.
>
> Thank you
>
> Jairo
>
> 2012/1/17, Victor H De la Luz <itztli@gmail.com>:
>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM, jairo.fazgrande@gmail.com
>> <jairo.fazgrande@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Excuse me for using the google translator, but I am Brazilian and not
>>> speak English.
>>> I'ma Ubuntu user and I installed Hurd using virt-manager.
>>> After installation, I ran the virtual machine into the text mode to
>>> request login and password.
>>> What command should I use to start the system?
>>>
>>> Grateful
>>>
>>> Jairo Duarte
>>>
>> Dear Jairo
>>
>> Actually the system is running! but only with the console (bash).
>>
>> You can use the system using console tools, for example:
>>
>> text editor: emacs
>> www browser: lynx
>>
>> you can use apt-get in order to install new packages,
>>
>> and of course gcc is running and you can test several codes in your system.

The GNU/Hurd have the X.org package running, but is usefull only in
some videocards.

You can try and tell us if your computer works.

The documentation of GNU/Hurd can be found in:

http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install

If you need another software, you can try to compile, if compile you done!

--
ItZtLi