Re: New version of function mkdirhier()

Svante Signell, le Sun 15 Jan 2012 01:23:02 +0100, a écrit :

> > > I don't consider my replies to be personal
> >
> > I should have said "you quickly take things personally". It's difficult
> > to comment on your code because you quickly take it as a personal
> > criticism, which it is not.
>
> What is personal criticism then, and what is the alternative,
> non-personal?

Comments on code is non-personal for sure.

> Getting feedback on a proposed patch, isn't that personal?

No.

> Nobody else is adjusting the patches for you, only commenting on
> them. So creating a new patch bounces back to the proposer.

Yes, and that's to be expected. It's very rare to see a patch being
accepted right away.  For instance I have a patch which got a couple
bounces back, in like 2 or 3 years timeframe.  Yes, that means being
patient.

> > > And the proposed replacement function works properly, with minor
> > > glitches as you points out.
> >
> > But it doesn't mean that upstream will happily accept it.
>
> In this case there is no upstream,

upstream, maintainer, etc. whoever is in charge.

Samuel