Re: Network configuration with DHCP

Quoting Thomas Schwinge (2012-10-26 22:21:34)
> -Debian GNU/Hurd doesn't currently execute's Debian standard `/etc/rcS.d/*` boot
> +Debian GNU/Hurd doesn't currently execute Debian standard `/etc/rcS.d/*` boot

I was wondering why the networking script didn't run on my boxen >,<

>  scripts, but has its own `/libexec/rc` script -- which integrates scripts from

This file has been moved to /etc/hurd/rc.

I was always wondering why the Debian/Hurd boot process (as in
sysvinit glue) differs so much from the standard Debian way. Is this
some legacy artefact or is the standard Debian method too Linux
specific and cannot be easily customized?

Cheers,
Justus