Re: FTBS on hurd-i386 for ftools-fv

On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 16:36 +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am the maintainer of the "ftools-fv" package [1] and trying to get
> it compiled on hurd. The package creation fails to build on hurd [2]
> during "dh clean":

The package builds without problems both when issuing
dpkg-buildpackage -b
and
fakeroot debian/rules clean; fakeroot debian/rules binary

Something is strange in the beginning of the package buildd log:
Package: ftools-fv
Version: 5.3+dfsg-1
Source Version: 5.3+dfsg-1
Architecture: hurd-i386
W: Stripped single quote from command for security:
<a lot of code here>
Ign file: ./ InRelease
Ign file: ./ Release.gpg
Ign file: ./ Release
Ign file: ./ Translation-en
Hit http://ftp.fr.debian.org unstable InRelease
Hit http://ftp.ch.debian.org unstable InRelease

versus the normal (from amd64 buildd):

Package: ftools-fv
Version: 5.3+dfsg-1
Source Version: 5.3+dfsg-1
Architecture: amd64
Hit http://mirror-ubc.debian.org sid InRelease
Hit http://mirror-ubc.debian.org sid/main Sources/DiffIndex
Hit http://incoming.debian.org sid InRelease
Ign http://incoming.debian.org  InRelease

> I installed hurd on a virtual machine to test this; however the
> machine crashes on this step with "memory exhausted" (the VM has 1.5
> GiB memory allocated).
>
> How should I proceed? File a (RC) bug? Against which package? Or is
> something wrong with the package?

I use the following kvm command without problems (with kvm and kvm_intel modules loaded):
kvm -m 1024 -net nic,model=rtl8139 -net user,hostfwd=tcp::5556-:22
-drive cache=writeback,index=0,media=disk,file=hurd-20120221.img -cdrom
netinst_2012-02-21.iso