Re: Hurd_condition_wait in glibc libpthreads in Debian

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 03:16:05PM -0700, Thomas DiModica wrote:
> As an aside, Vicente Ara (zenton) actually wrote the pthread hurd_condition_wait.
> For the provenance of this file, see the thread:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-hurd/2002-11/msg00195.html

My understanding is that pthread_cond_wait is a cancellation point,
which means if a cancellation actually happens there, cleanup routines
will be called, and the thread will exit instead of returning to the
caller, which is of course *not* what we want here. We want
hurd_condition_wait to report to the caller that it was cancelled,
nothing more.

--
Richard Braun