Re: [Fwd: Re: [b-d]hurd-i386 myproxy]

tis 2012-06-26 klockan 08:03 -0300 skrev Samuel Thibault:
> Mattias Ellert, le Tue 26 Jun 2012 09:46:34 +0200, a écrit :
> > I forward this request to you as suggested.
>
> This is now installed in the chroot on strauss, but I recommend you to
> use exodar.debian.net instead, as strauss runs on very old and slow
> hardware.
>
> Samuel

Thanks. I have investigated the issue and could use some advice from a
hurd expert.

The build itself is fine, but there are failures during the execution of
the test suite on hurd.

Using the porterbox, I have found that the failing tests are all due to
the same issue.

The problem is that a call to rename() fails (returns negative value)
and errno is set to EAGAIN. This does not happen on the other
architectures. If I insert a loop that repeats the call to rename()
until it would succeed that does not work - that only results in that
the execution get stuck in the loop.

Under what conditions does hurd return EAGAIN from rename() and what
should the code do to get out of this situation?

	Mattias