Re: netdde drivers

Samuel Thibault, le Sat 16 Jun 2012 21:49:56 +0200, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault, le Sat 16 Jun 2012 21:15:51 +0200, a écrit :
> > > 3.) My previously working network interface is not detected anymore thus i
> > > have no networking. lspci output:
> > >
> > > Via Technologies, inc. VT6105/VT610GS [Rhine-III] (rev 86)
> >
> > Please also post lspci -n.  It seems I've forgotten to add CONFIG_* from
> > netdde compilation.
>
> BTW, if someone could have a look at what such CONFIG_* could be missing
> from the netdde package build (e.g. CONFIG_B44_PCI), that'd be very
> helpful. rgrepping "ifdef CONFIG_" in linux/drivers/net would probably
> give an interesting list.

And more generally, sorting out, in netdde's Makefile, which drivers are
ok to disable (e.g. because it's non-x86 hardware), and which drivers
we should work on supporting, that'd be helpful too. No real technical
knowledge needed here, just need to check what a driver is good for,
by e.g. looking in linux/drivers/net/Makefile for the corresponding
CONFIG_* item, and then read in linux/drivers/net/Kconfig & such the
description and dependencies on non-x86 archs.

Samuel