Re: Best test condition for defining _GNU_SOURCE?

On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 09:46:14 +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> I have submitted a patch that needs to be modified to define _GNU_SOURCE
> for definitions of various glibc functions, like get_current_dir_name,
> declared in unistd.h if _USE_GNU is defined. __USE_GNU is defined by
> using the feature macro _GNU_SOURCE.

I just wanted to add a small detail to what has already been said, if
the source is using autoconf, then using the AC_USE_SYSTEM_EXTENSIONS
macro is the easier way to enable any such system specific macro, as
long as each and every source file ends up including config.h.

thanks,
guillem