Re: iconx and execve problems

On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 21:36 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Svante Signell, le Thu 10 May 2012 11:30:52 +0200, a écrit :
> > In May-June 2010 Emilio Pozuelo monfort proposed a set of patches to
> > glibc and the exec server by adding two new RPCs
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-hurd/2010-05/msg00108.html
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-hurd/2010-06/msg00002.html
> >
> > However, that patch was considered not worth the effort
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-hurd/2010-06/msg00010.html
> >
> > Now when glibc Hurd patches are being considered upstream maybe the set
> > of patches by Emilio can be revised again. In one way or another, this
> > problem has to be solved, the icon package has to be moved from
> > debian-ports to the main archive in the aim of GNU/Hurd to enter testing
> > for wheezy.
>
> More precisely, ifupdown build-depends on noweb, which build-depends on
> iconx.

Yes, indeed, Sorry if I was not accurate enough. That fact is mostly in
the IRC logs, not in the MLs. Good news is that ifupdown compiles
nicely, we just have to adjust the calls to be consistent with the Hurd
translator syntax. The iconx problem is related to $0, but maybe not
urgent for the build of ifupdown. We'll see.