Re: Disc issues

Am 26.04.2012 12:53, schrieb harish badrinath:

>>From what i have understood, you had used the qemu image. I would
> highly recommend you install from installation CD found at
> http://people.debian.org/~sthibault/hurd-i386/installer/cdimage/

I tried doing it that way, starting kvm using

kvm -m 2G -net nic,model=ne2k_pci -net user -cdrom cd-1.iso -boot d
-drive file=hurd-raw.qemu,cache=writeback

I went with the default settings everywhere, except for choosing German
in the beginning. At some time during package installation (after the
tasksel stuff), I get a reboot putting me back to the start menu (there
was no additional menu or confirmation). There I can choose the
installers and to boot from first harddisk. When I choose to boot from
first harddisk there, I just get a non-blinking cursor in an otherwise
black QEMU window. The same then happens when I restart qemu (or do a
system reset in the qemu monitor).

Philipp