datefudge?

Hello.  I maintain 'oath-toolkit' and it didn't build on hurd-i386:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=oath-toolkit&arch=hurd-i386&ver=1.12.0-1&stamp=1333281575

I suspect the reason is that 'datefudge' doesn't do what it should.
Could someone try this on a Debian GNU/Hurd box to test my theory:

jas@latte:~/datefudge-1.14$ datefudge "2006-09-23" date -u +%s
1158962400
jas@latte:~/datefudge-1.14$

If it doesn't print that number, it seems there is a datefudge bug.  The
datefudge tool is pretty simple. It uses LD_PRELOAD on a shared library
that intercepts the calls to various time functions.  Doesn't that work
on Debian GNU/Hurd?  There could also be timezone confusion.

/Simon