Re: RFH: python-crypto: FTBFS on hurd-i386: AssertionError: /dev/urandom produced truncated output (requested 1024, got 600)

Sebastian Ramacher, le Tue 17 Jan 2012 19:51:10 +0100, a écrit :
> Do you have a pointer to the relevant part of POSIX, by any chance? I couldn't
> find anything. Are /dev/random and /dev/urandom even part of POSIX?

They are not, but

“The value returned may be less than nbyte if the number of bytes left
in the file is less than nbyte, if the read() request was interrupted by
a signal, or if the file is a pipe or FIFO or special file and has fewer
than nbyte bytes immediately available for reading.”

The latter is exactly our case.

Samuel