Re: Issues on porting libnl

Svante Signell, le Sat 16 Apr 2011 09:52:22 +0200, a écrit :
> I took a quick look at libnl (1.1-6) since it had a lot of reverse
> dependencies, both build and binary. However, most of the include files
> refer to linux/*.h. Any chance to ever get that package ported?

libnl means netlink, which is a linux-specific thing.

We could implement the interface, but applications using it will only
assume linux-specific interfaces behind (bluetooth, quota, hostap,
wireless), so they will just not work. It's probably better to disable
the libnl dependency in the corresponding packages (if they can
still build after that).  When doing so, propose [linux-any], not
[!hurd-i386], since kfreebsd has the same issue. Notably, openscap
already has the libnl-dev [!kfreebsd-i386 !kfreebsd-amd64], simply
requeset [linux-any] instead.

Note in my graph that such linux-specific packages are flagged as black:
libnl-dev, libaio-dev, linux-nfts, iptables, iproute, etc.

Samuel