Re: Ethernet drivers for GNU Mach

On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 02:54:15 +0200
Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:

> How big your partition actually is?

Approximately 14 GB.

> How big is the whole device?

160 GB.

> What does showtrans /dev/hd0s5 show?

It doesn't output anything. I also tried to
settrans -a / /hurd/ufs /dev/hd0s6 (my GNU/kFreeBSD partition) as a
test, and I get a similar error.

Something else that occurred to me is that perhaps GNU Mach lacks a
driver for my hard drive controller, which is (from lspci on GNU/Linux):

00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family)
SATA IDE Controller (rev 01)

I can read from the filesystem though, and I'm not familiar enough with
Mach, Hurd or operating systems in general to know if this means
anything.