Re: Installing Debian hurd/amd64

Jonathan Nieder, le Thu 03 Feb 2011 16:35:51 -0600, a écrit :
>  - is i386, not amd64

There is no amd64 port of GNU/Hurd yet. I don't see why this can be a
problem, however.

>  - is preseeded rather than an ordinary cdimage

Yes, merely because the ftp.fr.debian.org mirror is not installable by
itself, a couple of packages from debian-ports are needed.

> Other ideas would be welcome, too.

Well, if the hardware running hurd.ethz.ch was back again, I could
simply suggest ssh-ing to the strauss VM, but it's not to be seen in the
short term. Maybe we should ask Thomas Goirand for one Xen VM he
proposed some time ago.

Samuel