Re: exim4 problems on Hurd

On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 12:12 +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when installing exim4-daemon-light the daemon refuses to start:
>
> Setting up exim4-daemon-light (4.72-4) ...
> Starting MTA:2011-01-23 11:41:10 Exim configuration error:
>   TCP port "smtp" not found
> invoke-rc.d: initscript exim4, action "start" failed.
>
> Is this due to Hurd or exim4? Which package provides the smtp port?

Looks like the problem with exim4 not finding the smtp port was due to
that the /etc/services file from netbase was corrupt, caused by the
earlier filesystem corruption. Reinstalling netbase enabled exim4 to be
installed. But now the problem is back to the previous error (since
the initial install):

Starting MTA: exim4.
ALERT: exim paniclog /var/log/exim4/paniclog has non-zero size, mail
system possibly broken ... failed!
Setting up exim4 (4.72-4) ...

cat /var/log/exim4/paniclog
2011-01-23 12:36:42 IPv6 socket creation failed: No such file or
directory

I assume this is a Hurd bug, which package to file a bug report for,
hurd, mach or any other?

Maybe I should install another MTA to avoid this problem, in this case
which one?