Re: Package building on xen- or kvm-based buildds?

Svante Signell, le Thu 01 Dec 2011 17:14:09 +0100, a écrit :
> As was mentioned on IRC last night, there seems to be a difference of
> build success on xen versus kvm based buildds.

I'm not so sure xen vs kvm is the real difference. A big difference is
also the available memory. Only the kvm host has a lot of memory. Others
are way more limited. That can make a lot of differences. In the case at
stake yesterday evening (aptitude), the result on xen was a crashing
proc server, which could very well be due to missing memory.

> Package building OK for me on kvm currently are clisp, aptitude and

As I said on IRC, clisp still fails on the kvm buildd, with segfault
too. The difference is probably rather being in a chroot.

> rootskel (Samuel T. , which patch is needed?).

The one which is on debian-ports, simply.

> Another problematic package id postgresql-8.4, which builds OK on my
> box, but fails when initializing the database. The fist try gave the
> common fakeroot output:
>
> libfakeroot: connect: Connection refused

So fakeroot issue, which is not so surprising.

> but the second try revealed another problem:
>
> src/test/regress/./tmp_check/data/base/1 ... FATAL:  could not create
> semaphores: Function not implemented
> DETAIL:  Failed system call was semget(1, 17, 03600).
> child process exited with exit code 1

That's the testsuite, which is indeed known to fail since semget is not
implemented yet. I usually build the pq packages with nocheck, but
recently pq started initializing a database in the installation process
itself, so it's not enough any more.

> Looks like semget() is a stub. In that case these tests should be
> disabled, or there is no hope to get this package built before the
> functionality is available. The semget problems seems to be the same
> with postgresql-9.1 when looking at the buildd logs as well.

As well as a few other packages, yes.

Samuel