Re: dmesg command

On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 23:05 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Svante Signell, le Mon 31 Oct 2011 19:42:34 +0100, a écrit :
> > What about creating a script dmesg doing similar to the following (save
> > for syntax errors) :
> >
> > if [ "$1" == "-s" ]; then
>
> Making the dmesg behavior change according to being passed -s or not
> would be even more convoluted, I really don't think we want to go that
> way. Either we manage to provide a dmesg which behaves similarly to
> others, or we don't and tools have to cope with it. apt could use
> /var/log/kern.log instead for instance.

Exchanging the condition is a better alternative, see my next posting on
this issue. Run tested too. In reality, who has the time to write a
proper dmesg command for GNU/Hurd? So you think requesting a patch for
apt in experimental is considered a better alternative, knowing the
delays of Debian maintainers. Or are you thinking upstream?