Re: Riddling absence of /usr/lib/libattr.la

Hi,

Niv Sardi wrote to 639517@bugs.debian.org:
> http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/LAFileRemoval
> IIRC, It's a release goal.

I do wonder, how my generated Makefile comes to the idea to expect
libattr.la if it is removed from the system.
None of my files mentions libattr. This idea must come from libacl-dev.
And really in
  /lib/libacl.la
i read
  dependency_libs=' /usr/lib/libattr.la'

Following the prescriptions in LAFileRemoval i change it to
  dependency_libs=''

Suddenly my libisofs source builds without the need for libattr.la.
libisofs.la has now
  dependency_libs=' -lpthread -lz /lib//libacl.la'
rather than
  dependency_libs=' -lpthread -lz /lib//libacl.la /usr/lib/libattr.la'

GNU xorriso builds too.

So probably one should re-name the bug to
  "libacl-dev on hurd-i386 depends on LAFileRemoval victim libattr.la"

Have a nice day :)

Thomas