Re: ntpdate for Hurd?

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 15:09 +0200, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 12:46:59 +0200, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> > Svante Signell, le Tue 07 Jun 2011 10:48:04 +0200, a écrit :
> > > Is there a possibility to make ntpdate to work, even if ntpd does not?
> >
> > I'd say yes: mach has coarse-grain time adjustment.
>
> I don't know about adjustment, but I used to have a ntpdate executable
> for at least *setting* the system's time.  But beware of this issue:
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/open_issues/pfinet_vs_system_time_changes.html>.

Hi, looks like ntpdate (ipv4) works for querying and setting the time.
However, ipv6 does not work, and the ntp package has to be disabled.
Looks promising though. More later.

Thomas, how is the issue you mention in the link above showing itself,
if there is a problem: ssh being dropped, machine freeze, or?