Re: [hurd] killall: ftbfs, fails to run
About a month ago I sent two patches to killall. The more important
of the two was:
Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Patch 1 switches to a buffer of size strlen("<path>") + 1, which
> should be large enough to fit a symlink target that matches and to
> determine whether the actual target is longer. The buffer was missing
> a null-terminator and tested using strcmp, so patch 1 switches to
> memcmp while at it.
since readlink is not required to (and on some platforms does not even
if it has room to) NUL-terminate its buffer.
Is there anything I can do to help move this forward (for example, do
you want test cases, or should I put up a tree based on the upstream
If it's just life being busy, I can understand, and sorry for the
noise. None of this is particularly urgent; I'd just rather get
everything in order while it's fresh in my memory.
Thanks for taking care of procps and psmisc. It's nice that these
programs still just work™.