Re: stella build failure on hurd (due to pthreads?)

Hi,

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 00:39:35 +0100, Stephen Kitt <steve@sk2.org> wrote:
> My stella package, in experimental, fails to build on hurd-i386, but I'm not
> sure of the root cause of the build failure. The log -
> https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=stella&arch=hurd-i386&ver=3.2.2-1&stamp=1289445813&file=log&as=raw
> - says
>
> /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libSDL.so: undefined reference to symbol
> 'pthread_cancel' /usr/bin/ld: note: 'pthread_cancel' is defined in
> DSO /lib/libpthread.so.0.3 so try adding it to the linker command line
> /lib/libpthread.so.0.3: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Is this a problem in libsdl1.2-dev or with pthreads, or should I really add
> -lpthread to the build command line?

The new version of the stella package has encountered the same problem on
three attempts, see https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=stella for
details (and https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=stella for the
various attempts). It built successfully in early April, and I don't think
any of the changes in the package itself would affect its build on hurd...

Is this another toolchain problem? Should I add hurd-specific handling for
pthreads?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen (please cc me, I'm not subscribed)