Re: Bug#613342: A friendly reminder of the patch from upstream
- To: Paul Martin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, debian-hurd maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Bug#613342: A friendly reminder of the patch from upstream
- From: Svante Signell <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 09:31:06 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20110416115738.GA3591@nowster.org.uk>
- References: <email@example.com> <20110416115738.GA3591@nowster.org.uk>
On Sat, 2011-04-16 at 12:57 +0100, Paul Martin wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 01:44:30AM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> > The patch in bug #613342 was approved and updated by the upstream from
> > Redhat, February 16, and communicated with them by the DM. Is anything
> > hindering an upload of a patched package? See the patch to the bug
> > report at [logrotate-3.7.9-remove-path-max.patch]
> Was that intended to be a link?
No, I was just referring to the patch you added to Message 40 of the
> I had an extensive dialogue with one of the RedHat developers, and
> between us we fixed some bugs in the original patch.
> That it hasn't been uploaded is completely my fault.
Thanks, we are looking forward to an upload of the patched package.
Since 3.7.9 has been released, with the patch applied, an even better
alternative would be to package the new version.