Re: Upcoming FTPMaster meeting

Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:47:19 +0100, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 09:33:27AM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
>>> http://blog.ganneff.de/blog/2011/03/23/debian-ftpmaster-meeting-2011-2.html
>>>
>>> Anyway, it looks like we have up to two years (until the Wheezy release)
>>> to get Hurd into (technology review) release status.
>> Yes, that's about it; we agreed to evaluate the situation at wheezy's
>> release.  If the hurd-i386 port manages to release with wheezy as a
>> technology preview, it stays in.  If not, it will be removed from
>> ftp.debian.org to debian-ports (or elsewhere).
>
> So -- if we have this noble goal, and think that it's realistic, then we
> should coordinate working towards it.  As we've seen in this thread's
> later messages, there are already some issues known, and others still
> have to be evaluated.  I have the feeling that we'll need a structured
> approach to avoid bad surprises.  Basic time management, defining goals,
> working on them, checking them, and all that.  :-)

I agree. This really is a massive opportunity to get hurd out there.

> Now, where to collect all this?  I can, of course, offer the GNU/Hurd
> pages, but probably this should rather be on a Debian wiki page?

I've created a wiki page like the kFreeBSD one:
http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/Hurd

There is the Alioth site for debian-hurd:
https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-hurd/
This includes things needed to manage the project.

And can we get hurd-i386 added to the graph on
https://buildd.debian.org/stats/

Regards,
Mike.