Re: hurd 0.401 is released!

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 10:38:32 +0200
Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:

> Hello,

> to release version 0.401 of the GNU/Hurd Operating System. As the
> version number and image size suggest, this is only a small preview
> of course, but we expect GNU/Hurd to be of production-quality within
> the third millenium, to be sure.

> A LiveCD demo is available on
> http://people.debian.org/~sthibault/hurd-0.401/hurd-0.401.iso
> and can be trivially tried using
> qemu -cdrom hurd-0.401.iso

My computer bought the farm :( since it happens on my first keystroke,
is it worth me trying to dig out why this is happening?
happened in kvm and qemu.

qemu -m 500 -cdrom Downloads/hurd-0.401.iso
qemu -d .qemu.disk -m 2040 -cdrom Downloads/hurd-0.401.iso
kvm -cdrom Downloads/hurd-0.401.iso

Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)