Hurd file locking: Was: Re: New hurd package version

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 21:52 +0000, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> On 22/03/11 01:35, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > It seems apt-get fails to show the NEWS entry, I don't know why, I
> > thought it was systematic. Anyway:
>
> It is if you have apt-listchanges installed. Which isn't by default.

apt-listchanges depends on python-apt which currently fails on two tests
(out of many). It has been discussed before, see e.g.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2011/01/msg00018.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2011/01/msg00019.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2011/01/msg00022.html

and in bug #610448.

They are related to file locking in Hurd. Having apt-listchanges
installed is a _big_ wishlist for me. Don't know how to make python-apt
build without disabling all tests, though. The very best would of course
be if the Hurd file locking problem was solved.