Re: Priority list of Debian packages to port?

Michael Banck, le Sun 20 Mar 2011 13:35:03 +0100, a écrit :
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 01:25:28PM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> > Sorry for asking again, but I cannot find the mail containing
> > information on packages to port to GNU/Hurd. Where is it?
> There is no such list AFAIK, however, the #hurd channel on freenode has
> a "porters wanted" list in its topic, the current list is:
> gdb=7.1(7.0 is ok),squid,openjdk-6,ghc7,gnat

And there is information on the official debian port page:

There's no "strict" priority, since it completely depends on what you
want to do with your hurd system (e.g. pochu cares about gnome, pinotree
cares about kde). That being said, if you don't have a particular
goal, you can simply pick up the lists mentioned on that page, as they
sort packages by reverse dependencies, and thus potentially unlock more
packages. Make sure whether a patch might already be available on alioth
or the BTS.