How to make a postinst script in Debian architecture dependent?

Hi,

Now when x86info-1.25 builds OK from source with the updated header
file /usr/include/bits/sched from libc0.3-dev I'm tring to get the
package built and installed under GNU/Hurd. However, after changing the
debian/control file I have problems with the postinst script:

if [ ! -c /dev/cpu/0/cpuid -a -x /dev/MAKEDEV ]; then
	(cd /dev ; ./MAKEDEV cpu )
fi

How to disable the above command? Are there any environment variables
usable to condition out the above? Or can it be controlled in debhelper?